The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC)
The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) is an organization who creates the new assessments that measure students' understanding of the Common Core Curriculum. The PARCC tests have replaced the Math and Reading Maryland State Assessments (MSA). Students in Mr. Dulberger's 2014-2015 5th grade class will take the PARCC assessment during March and April. The resources outlined below are designed to help parents, students, and teachers feel more prepared and knowledgable about PARCC.
- What exactly is PARCC?
- Grades 3-5 Sample PARCC Test Items (ELA)
- Grades 3-5 Sample PARCC Test Items (Math)
- Grade 5 ELA/ Literacy Performance Based Assessment Practice Test
- Grade 5 ELA/ Literacy End of Year Practice Test
- Grade 5 Math Performance Based Assessment Practice Test
- Grade 5 Math End of Year Practice Test
DID YOU KNOW... Emma K. Doub Elementary and students in Mr. Dulberger's 2013-2014 5th grade class were featured in an advertisement about PARCC?!?
Check it out!
Check it out!
STUDENTS... Stressed or nervous about PARCC or other big assessments? These creative 5th grade teachers from Turtle Lake Elementary in Minnesota made a fun video to help kids like you feel more comfortable and relaxed.